Dr. Ansgar Schott is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Zurich office. He has been recognized as a leading banking and finance lawyer by publications such as Legal 500 and Who's Who Legal. In 2016, Ansgar and his team received the European Banking and Finance Deal of the Year from The Lawyer for their work on a structured finance transaction.
Ansgar advises Swiss and international financial institutions and corporations on all aspects of banking, investment and financial markets law. He is also experienced in financial regulatory matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Ansgar worked on the following matters:
- Represented UBS Switzerland AG in connection with several structured finance transactions.
- Represented Aduno Holding AG in connection with a syndicated credit facility, arranged by major Swiss banks.
- Represented Notenstein Privatbank AG in the acquisition of client portfolios from LBBW (Schweiz) AG.
- Represented numerous financial institutions and their management in connection with FINMA-proceedings.
- Advising payment systems in connection with regulatory matters.
- Advising several banks on new derivatives and trading regulations.
- Advising trading venues in connection with new regulatory requirements.
- Advising numerous investment funds on legal matters in connection with administration and distribution of funds.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Zurich Bar Association
- Swiss Bar Association
- Zurich~Switzerland (2005)
- Columbia University (New York) (LL.M. Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) (2009)
- University of Zurich (Dr. iur.) (2002)
- University of Fribourg (lic. iur.) (1999)
- University of Bordeaux (Certificate European Studies) (1997)
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.