Noriko Sakamoto is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Bangkok office who joined the Firm in 2008. She is active in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Trade & Commerce practice groups as well as the Healthcare Industry Group. She also actively assists the Firm’s Japan Advisory Group.
Noriko has been assisting multinational investors from Japan in their foreign direct investments and acquisitions of local and multinational companies in Thailand. She has extensive experience in M&A and FDI in various industries and highly regulated sectors, such as consumer finance, insurance, logistics, pharmaceutical, medical devices, food and cosmetics.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a major Japanese listed logistics company in acquiring a majority stake in the logistics subsidiary of a Thailand conglomerate.
- Assisted a Japanese listed paper manufacturer in the formation of a joint venture with a major Thai paper package manufacturer.
- Assisted Japan's major wire and cable manufacturer in acquiring a local business from a peer company.
- Assisted a Japanese listed consumer financing company in the acquisition of a majority stake in a local consumer financing company.
- Assisted a major Japanese system integrator in acquiring local system integrators to expand its business in Thailand.
- Assisting various Japanese governmental organizations in Thailand.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2016)
- University of Washington (LL.M.) (2014)
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B.) (2008)
- Osaka University (B.A. Development & Environmental Studies and Thai Language) (1999)
Baker & McKenzie Ltd. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.