Michael Rubinger is an intellectual property lawyer focusing on transactional and litigation matters. Prior to joining the firm in 2017, he completed his Ontario Articles of Clerkship at a global firm with a focus on intellectual property. His legal experience includes assisting in various stages of patent, copyright and trademark infringement trials; and providing opinions on regulatory matters for various technologies. Michael also worked as a Project Manager for a mechanical contractor and oversaw the construction of several multimillion-dollar projects in the Toronto area.
Michael assists on various intellectual property matters including litigation and transactional matters. He also advises on trademark and patent regulations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing one of North America's largest freight railroad networks in a patent infringement suit on three patents pertaining to online e-commerce customer facing tools.
- Representing a global media monitoring service in a copyright infringement action.
- Assisted on preparing prospectus forms for multiple companies in the healthcare industry.
- Assisted in the acquisition of Avigilon Corporation by Motorola Solutions for over USD 1 Billion.
- Coordinating the assignment of patents in over 15 jurisdictions following the acquisition of assets from bankruptcy.
- Provided legal opinions on the usability of drones in Canada.
- Guided a foreign cosmetic company through the nuances of the French-language packaging requirements in Canada .
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Ontario - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- The Advocates’ Society - Member
- Ontario (2017)
- University of Western Ontario (JD) (2016)
- University of Toronto (Master of Management of Innovation) (2011)
- University of Western Ontario (Technological Entrepreneurship Certificate) (2010)
- University of Western Ontario (BESc Mechanical Engineering) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.