Veronica is a Partner in Baker McKenzie's International Commercial Practice Group based in Guadalajara. She has more than 18 years of experience in customs and trade matters and has been part of the Firm since 2005. Veronica has served as guest speaker at seminars and lectures organized by INDEX (National Council of the Manufacturing, Maquiladora and Export Services Industry) and COMCE (Foreign Trade Mexican Commercial Council); as well as in internal events organized by the Firm.
She has also been recognized as a "Rising Star" for Legal 500.
Veronica is mainly focused on customs compliance programs, promotional programs and government-related matters, implementation of governmental registries and certifications such as, Authorized Economic Operator and Value Added Tax Certifications.
She also regularly advises on commercial law, structuring of customs operations for domestic and international companies, customs audits and customs litigation procedures.
Representative Legal Matters
Veronica has been advising clients like Emerson Electric Co. (one of the largest electric/electronic manufacturing groups in Mexico, with more than 16 subsidiaries in Mexico), Nidec Corporation, Vertiv Group (three subsidiaries in Mexico) Celanese Corporation, Valeo, among others.
- Acted as consultant on customs auto compliance matters.
- Advised on audits conducted by tax and customs authorities.
- Assisted in the restructuring of foreign trade operations or implementation of structures to operate in Mexico.
- Represented several clients in customs litigation.
- Veronica is part of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- She has participated in pro-bono projects in the role of evaluating projects implemented by women who are starting a business.
- Guadalajara~Mexico (2005)
- Universidad Panamericana (Postgraduate Studies - Constitutional Law and Amparo) (2009)
- Universidad Panamericana (Law Degree) (2005)