Her practice also focuses on data privacy and day-to-day ‘general counsel’ advice on UK employment matters. She also has experience coordinating multi-jurisdictional projects across a wide variety of sectors including technology, media and financial services.
Representative Legal Matters
Recent projects in which Ziyana has been involved include:
- providing a wide variety of day-to-day employment advice with a domestic and international focus under a retainer with a global technology company;
- supoprting a global pharmaceutical company in its integration with another pharmaceutical business;
- reviewing and advising on commercial agreements and documentation as part of pre-acquisition due diligence;
- advising on data privacy and compliance issues for a range of clients prior to and post the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and Data Protection Act 2018 ("DPA 2018");
- acting for a global bank in responding to a claim from a former employee in relation to whistleblowing.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- Employment Law Association - Member
Ziyana is a member of Baker McKenzie's Ethnicity focus group and is passionate about ensuring the future of the Firm reflects its ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Ziyana also serves as the Firm's liaison with the Black Legal Directory (BLD) Foundation, and works to organize and run accessible events and initiatives to promote opportunities for BAME individuals in the legal sector.
Ziyana also serves as a mentor as part of the foundation.
- England & Wales (Solicitor) (2019)
- BPP Law School, London Holborn (Legal Practice Course, with distinction) (2017)
- BPP Law School, London Waterloo (Graduate Diploma in Law) (2015)
- King's College London (2014)