Mathieu Raas is a senior associate in the Dispute Resolution Practice Group of Baker McKenzie Amsterdam. He has substantial experience in national and international contracting, litigation and arbitration. Mathieu combines in-depth knowledge on contract and company law with a keen eye for pragmatic solutions.
Mathieu's practice focuses on contracting, commercial litigation and arbitration in a wide range of business sectors. He has significant experience in court litigation as well as domestic and international arbitration under various sets of rules, such as ICC, UNCITRAL, SCC and NAI.
Representative Legal Matters
- Regularly acts in post-M&A litigation and arbitration proceedings, on warranty and indemnity claims as well as post-closing accounts.
- Frequently advises on distribution, agency and international sales contracts.
- Acted for a noted Belgian company in international mediation, court litigation and arbitration, resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Represented a Lebanese company as claimant in an arbitration regarding a joint venture dispute in the oil industry.
- Advised and represented former Russian oil giant Yukos in various proceedings in the Netherlands and the UK against Rosneft.
- Advises and represents a client on an ongoing basis in all its contentious and non-contentious matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Bar Association
- Dutch Corporate Litigation Association
- Dutch Society for Procedural Law
- Netherlands Arbitration Institute
- Friends Association of the Royal Concert Hall
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2009)
- Grotius Academy (cum laude) (2016)
- University of Nijmegen (2008)
- Rene Descartes University - Paris V (2006)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.