Trudi advises on all facets of financial services regulation and compliance. She has extensive experience in investment funds management and her capability stretches the full business lifecycle of her clients, from establishing new financial services businesses and funds to ongoing regulatory requirements.
Trudi has a particular interest in payment systems and digital assets. She acts for non-cash payment, platform, marketplace, BaaS and exchange providers both locally and off-shore.
In addition to providing financial services regulatory advice, Trudi acts for fund managers on commercial transactions including acquisitions and disposals of scheme assets. She has listed fund clients and advises them on listing rule compliance and continuous disclosure.
Trudi has a mix of international and domestic experience having worked in London's corporate finance arena in one of the leading investment management practices in the English market. She has also previously worked as an in-house counsel at an Australian bank, with experience in back-office treasury products including ISDAs.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on the establishment and ongoing administration of unregulated, unregistered, registered and ASX listed managed investment schemes.
- Acted for fund managers preparing and reviewing disclosure documents, financial services guides, statements of advice, authorised representative agreements and investment management agreements.
- Advised foreign financial service providers on the regulatory requirements associated with promotion and distribution of overseas funds and financial products to Australian investors.
- Assisted clients to obtain and vary Australian financial services licences (AFSLs) and Australian credit licences (ACLs).
- Acted for AFSL holders in connection with ASIC notices and ASIC investigations.
- Advised electronic payment, digital wallet, e-commerce platform, cryptocurrency exchange and other non-cash payment providers on the application of the Corporations Act, Payment Systems Act and AML/CTF legislation to their products.
- Advised on the application of Australian financial services and corporate regulation to digital asset and crypto providers for initial coin offerings (ICOs) and digital currency exchange providers on their AML/CTF legislation obligations.
- Acted for Australian listed fund entitlement offers and advised on listing rule compliance.
- Acted for fund managers on the acquisition and disposal of fund assets.
- Queensland~Australia (2003)
- University of Queensland (BEcon, LLB (Hons))
- Queensland University of Technology (Master of Laws)