Sean is an associate in the Corporate Markets Team in Baker McKenzie's Melbourne office. He joined the Firm in 2020 as a graduate and commenced his current role in 2021.
Sean advises clients on a wide range of international and domestic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations and capital markets matters. He also advises on general commercial law and corporate governance. Sean acts for institutional investors, including private equity funds, global asset managers and pension funds, as well as private and listed companies based in Australia and overseas.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (a Canadian pension fund) in connection with its investment in GreenCollar, a leading environmental markets investor and carbon credits project developer.
- Advised AURELIUS Equity Opportunities in connection with its acquisition of the Minova business, a global manufacturer and provider of mining and infrastructure essentials, from ASX-listed Orica Limited.
- Advised a Providence Equity Partners portfolio company in connection with its acquisition of Sling & Stone, an international PR and communications agency.
- Advised a Bain Capital portfolio company in connection with its acquisition of an Australian chemicals manufacturing business.
- Advised Convergint Technologies LLC in connection with its acquisition of an Australian security services business.
- Advised Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets in connection with the acquisition of an 88% stake in AirTrunk, a leading hyperscale data center provider in Asia Pacific, by a consortium led by a MIRA-managed infrastructure fund.
- Advised Youfoodz Holdings Limited (ASX:YFZ) in connection with its IPO and listing on ASX.
- Advised SiteMinder Limited (ASX:SDR) in connection with its IPO and listing on ASX.
- Advised Rubicon Water Limited (ASX:RWL) in connection with its IPO and listing on ASX.
- Advised a major financial sponsor in connection with its bid for the wealth and management business of one of the Australian big four banks.
Volunteer lawyer at the Justice Connect Self Representation Service
- Supreme Court of Victoria~Australia (2020)
- High Court of Australia (2020)
- Monash University (BA/LL.B. Hons) (2019)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.