Ponti Partogi heads the Tax & Trade Practice Group at Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners. He provides comprehensive tax advice on a variety of transactions from both legal and accounting perspective. He is a registered legal counsel at the Indonesian Tax Court and is a member of the Indonesian Advocates Association (PERADI) and the International Fiscal Association - Indonesian Chapter. For several consecutive years, Ponti was named Tax Controversy Leader for Indonesia by the International Tax Review. He was also named a leading lawyer in 2017 Asia Pacific Legal 500.
Ponti focuses on domestic and international tax and trade issues related to inbound and outbound investment and cross-border corporate exercise including joint venture, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures spin-offs, takeovers, and tax litigation services.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a number of Singaporean, Malaysian, Thai, Hong Kong, Japanese, Korean, European and American clients on their investments in Indonesia.
- Assisting and representing local and multinational companies, including major oil and gas companies, leading consumer products companies, major European banks and leading consulting firms, in their appeal processes in the tax court.
- Assisting some local and multinational companies in their civil review at the Supreme Court.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Fiscal Association
- Indonesia (2007)
- Catholic University of Parahyangan (Accounting) (1996)
- University of Padjadjaran (S.H.) (1996)
Author, "The New General Tax Provisions and Procedures: A Sneak Preview," Asialaw Legal Analyst, December 2007
Speaker, "Tax Litigation Procedures and Update ," Baker McKenzie 2017 Asia Tax Litigation Seminar, April 2017
Speaker, "Who's Bad? The toughest tax authorities in Asia," Baker McKenzie Asia Pacific Tax Conference, November 2014
Speaker, "2014 Asia Pacific Tax Update," Baker McKenzie Asia Pacific Tax Conference, November 2014
Speaker, "The cloud, e-commerce and taxable presence," Baker McKenzie Asia Pacific Tax Conference, November 2014