Ponti Partogi is head of the Tax and Trade Practice Group at Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners (HHP Law Firm), a member of Baker & McKenzie International. He has been practicing for more than 20 years, focusing on domestic and international tax and trade issues relating to inbound and outbound investment and cross-border corporate exercises including JVs, M&As, divestitures, spin-offs and takeovers.
His combined legal and accounting background allows him to provide comprehensive tax advice on various transactions both from the legal and the accounting perspective.
Ponti is also a seasoned tax litigator who has been assisting clients on matters relating to tax disputes and controversies, transfer pricing, tax credits, double tax treaties, withholding tax, VAT and tax incentives. He has been successfully represented clients from various industries and lines of businesses, including natural resources, manufacturing and trading and services, in their tax litigation processes at the Tax Court and the Supreme Court, several of which have become key landmark cases in Indonesia.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a number of Singaporean, Malaysian, Thai, Hong Kong, Japanese, Korean, European and American clients on their investments in Indonesia.
- Assisting and representing local and multinational companies, including major oil and gas companies, leading consumer products companies, major European banks and leading consulting firms, in their appeal processes in the tax court.
- Assisting some local and multinational companies in their civil review at the Supreme Court.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Fiscal Association
- Indonesia (2007)
- Catholic University of Parahyangan (Accounting) (1996)
- University of Padjadjaran (S.H.) (1996)
Author, "The New General Tax Provisions and Procedures: A Sneak Preview," Asialaw Legal Analyst, December 2007
Speaker, "Tax Litigation Procedures and Update ," Baker McKenzie 2017 Asia Tax Litigation Seminar, April 2017
Speaker, "Who's Bad? The toughest tax authorities in Asia," Baker McKenzie Asia Pacific Tax Conference, November 2014
Speaker, "2014 Asia Pacific Tax Update," Baker McKenzie Asia Pacific Tax Conference, November 2014
Speaker, "The cloud, e-commerce and taxable presence," Baker McKenzie Asia Pacific Tax Conference, November 2014