Emma is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution team of Baker McKenzie’s Sydney office, focussing on competition law, compliance and investigations.
Emma practices in commercial disputes with a particular focus on compliance disputes and investigations, including in the areas of competition and consumer law and healthcare regulation. Emma spent 2018 and 2019 working in Baker McKenzie's London office where she assisted clients with commercial litigation (including competition litigation) in the High Court of England and Wales, anti-competitive conduct disputes and multi-jurisdictional internal and regulator investigations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisting clients with regulator investigations and other regulator engagement, including with ACCC, ASIC and TGA.
- Assisting clients with clearance from ACCC for mergers and acquisitions in various industries.
- Conducting multi-jurisdictional internal investigations for clients in various industries.
- Advising clients regarding potential consumer law issues including misleading and deceptive conduct, unfair contract terms and unconscionable conduct.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Law Society of NSW Young Lawyers Civil Litigation Committee
- Member, Law Society of NSW
Pro Bono & Community Involvement
Emma acts as a pro bono solicitor for:
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- the Australian Refugee Advice & Casework Service
- Women's Legal Service NSW
- Supreme Court of New South Wales~Australia (2013)
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2013)
- University of Newcastle (Bachelor of Laws) (2012)
- University of Newcastle (Bachelor of Business - International Business) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.