Manuel Padron Castillo has been practicing with Baker McKenzie since 1992. He has been Coordinator of the International Commercial & Trade Group in Ciudad Juarez; as well as Regional Coordinator for Latin America in the International Trade Group, and member of the Steering Committee of the global initiative focused on the automotive industry.
Manuel Padron has experience in servicing the maquiladora industry in all matters related to business planning and compliance. He has concentrated his practice in representing foregoing investors with operations in Mexico.
He has written several articles related to manufacturing in Mexico and has given several conferences organized by various associations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Corporate Lawyers (ANADE)
- Mexico (1990)
- Cornell Law School (LL.M.) (1996)
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (J.D.) (1990)
- Author of the Mexico chapter of the book "A WTO Guide for Global Business", published by Cameron May International Law & Policy.
- Co-author of the chapters on Mexican Legal System, Customs Law and Commercial Contracts of the book "Doing Business in Mexico" published by Juris. Publishing Inc. in 2001.
- Speaker and panelist at Mexico foreign investment and foreign trade seminars and conferences organized by various associations.
- Author y coauthor of multiple bulletins and articles for clients of Baker McKenzie.