Denise Ozmis is a member of the Amsterdam Corporate M&A team. She advises on M&A, Private Equity, Capital Markets as well as Dutch corporate governance matters.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Denise advised on M&A transactions and corporate governance matters as an in-house lawyer for AkzoNobel, a leading global paints and coatings company. Denise has recently published a legal insight on the Dutch legislative proposal about the right of the board of management to invoke a cooling-off period of up to 250 days. Denise has published in Dutch legal journals about the Dutch Act on collective settlement of mass damage claims and supervision on housing corporations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Corsearch (a portfolio company of Audax Private Equity) in connection with the acquisition of Pointer Branch Protection
- Advised Koolen Industries on multimillion-euro investment in Hardt Hyperloop
- Advised Wagram Equity Partners on the acquisition of the Creamy Creation Business from FrieslandCampina
- Advised Grundfos, a Danish company with a focus on water pumps, in the acquisition of Solvermedia
- Advised Equinix Inc., the global interconnection and data center company, on its US 1 billion joint venture with GIC
- Advised a private equity firm on the acquisition of a manufacturing business in the Netherlands and the US
- Advised a global cosmetic brand on an acquisition of cosmetic stores in the Netherlands
- Advised Trimble Inc. on the acquisition of Stabiplan Holding B.V.
- Advised a Dutch retail company for toys on the sale of its stores to a private equity firm
- Regularly advises on the Dutch listing requirements
Prior to joining the Firm, Denise handled the following matters:
- Advised AkzoNobel’s board of management on corporate governance matters.
- Advised AkzoNobel in mergers and acquisitions in the paints, coatings and specialty chemicals business.
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2013)
- Utrecht University (LLM Law) (2010)