Denise Ozmis is senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate M&A group based in Amsterdam. Denise advises clients in relation to Mergers & Acquisitions, Equity Capital Markets as well as Dutch corporate governance matters and listing requirements.
Prior to joining the Firm, Denise advised on M&A transactions and corporate governance matters as an in-house lawyer for AkzoNobel, an Amsterdam based global paints and coatings company.
Denise was nominated Best Young M&A Lawyer in 2021.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a global professional services company that specialises in information technology services and consulting with its acquisitions in the Netherlands.
- Advised a logistics multinational with its acquisition in the Netherlands.
- Advised DS Smith on the divestment of De Hoop paper mill to De Jong Packaging.
- Advised a German multinational on several acquisitions.
- Advised Mytheresa on its IPO on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Advised Van Dam, Van Dam, Verkade on the IPO of New Amsterdam Invest on Euronext Amsterdam.
- Advised Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. on the IPO of MotorK on Euronext Amsterdam.
- Advised Tencent on the public take-over of Funcom.
- Advised Equinix, the global interconnection and data center company, on its USD 1 billion joint venture with GIC.
- Advised Ellomay Capital on the acquisition of a Dutch based renewable energy production facility.
Denise participated in the Legal Atlas for Street Youth project, which focused on the rights of street children worldwide.
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2013)
- Utrecht University (LLM Law) (2010)
Denise has published a legal insight on the Dutch legislative proposal about the right of the board of management to invoke a cooling-off period of up to 250 days.
Denise has published in Dutch legal journals about the Dutch Act on collective settlement of mass damage claims and supervision on housing corporations.