Denise Ozmis is a legal director in Baker McKenzie's Corporate M&A group based in Amsterdam. Denise advises clients in relation to Mergers & Acquisitions, Equity Capital Markets as well as Dutch corporate governance matters and listing requirements.
Prior to joining the Firm, Denise advised on M&A transactions and corporate governance matters as an in-house lawyer for AkzoNobel, an Amsterdam based global paints and coatings company.
Denise was nominated Best Young M&A Lawyer in 2021.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised BG Light B.V. on the acquisition of It’s About Romi B.V.
- Advised Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG on MotorK IPO and listing on Euronext Amsterdam
- Advised Ellomay Capital Ltd. on the acquisition of a Dutch based renewable energy production facility
- Advised Embracer Group AB with the purchase of Vertigo Games Holding B.V.
- Advised Audax Private Equity in connection with the acquisition of Pointer Branch Protection by Corsearch, being a portfolio company of Audax Private Equity
- Advised Corsearch with its acquisition of Pointer Brand Protection
- Advised Koolen Industries on multi-million-euro investment in Hardt Hyperloop
- Advised Wagram Equity Partners on the acquisition of the Creamy Creation Business from FrieslandCampina.
- Advised Grundfos, a Danish company with a focus on water pumps, in the acquisition of Solvermedia.
- Advised Equinix Inc., the global interconnection and data center company, on its US 1 billion joint venture with GIC
Denise participated in the Legal Atlas for Street Youth project, which focused on the rights of street children worldwide.
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2013)
- Utrecht University (LLM Law) (2010)
Denise has published a legal insight on the Dutch legislative proposal about the right of the board of management to invoke a cooling-off period of up to 250 days.
Denise has published in Dutch legal journals about the Dutch Act on collective settlement of mass damage claims and supervision on housing corporations.