Rodrigo Ogea is the managing partner of the Madrid office since October 2017. He joined the Firm in 2003 and became a partner in 2005. He heads the Tax Practice Group in Madrid since 2008. He also serves in the Steering Committee of the European Tax Planning and Transactions Group.
Recognised as one of the most prestigious tax lawyers by Chambers, he is a trustee of the Foundation for Taxes and Competitiveness, member of the tax committees of CEOE (Spanish Trade Board), Círculo de Empresarios, the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the US Chamber of Commerce in Spain and the American Business Council. He has also been the Spanish representative to the European Commission Expert Group for the Removal of Tax Obstacles for cross-border European Private Equity Investments.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a leading utility on the tax structuring of a USD 7 billion takeover bid of a major Spain-listed target.
- Advised on the tax structuring of a USD 3 billion common stock and convertible note offerings by a leading steel manufacturing company.
- Advised a Spanish listed real estate company in the tax planning of a USD 1.7 billion pan-European real estate acquisition in eight EU jurisdictions.
- Advised a leading European multinational in the tax structuring of a USD 900 million pan-European securitisation program.
- Advised one of the most relevant non-listed Spanish real estate companies on the tax structuring of a USD 450 million real estate fund.
- Advised one of the main US car manufacturers on the restructuring of its European group.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Madrid Bar Association - Member
- Madrid~Spain (2003)
- Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles (Master's Degree Corporate Finance & Investment Banking summa cum laude) (2000)
- University Nacional de Educación a Distancia (Law Degree) (1996)
- University Autónoma de Madrid / Dublin City University (Graduate Degree Business and Economic Studies) (1994)