Rodrigo Ogea is Co-Managing Partner of Baker McKenzie in Spain, since October 2017.
Recognized as one of the most prestigious lawyers by Chambers & Partners, he is a member of the Advisory Board of CID/ICADE, of the Board of the American Business Council, of the Advisory Board of the Chairman of CEOE (Spanish Trade Board), as well as a member of the Tax Committees of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and the US Chamber of Commerce in Spain. He has also been a trustee of the Foundation for Taxes and Competitiveness and the Spanish representative to the European Commission Expert Group for the Removal of Tax Obstacles for cross-border European Private Equity Investments.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a leading utility on the tax structuring of a USD 7 billion takeover bid of a major Spain-listed target.
- Advised on the tax structuring of a USD 3 billion common stock and convertible note offerings by a leading steel manufacturing company.
- Advised a Spanish listed real estate company in the tax planning of a USD 1.7 billion pan-European real estate acquisition in eight EU jurisdictions.
- Advised a leading European multinational in the tax structuring of a USD 900 million pan-European securitisation program.
- Advised one of the most relevant non-listed Spanish real estate companies on the tax structuring of a USD 450 million real estate fund.
- Advised one of the main US car manufacturers on the restructuring of its European group.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Madrid Bar Association - Member
- Madrid~Spain (2003)
- Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles (Master's Degree Corporate Finance & Investment Banking, summa cum laude) (2000)
- University Nacional de Educación a Distancia (Law Degree) (1996)
- University Autónoma de Madrid / Dublin City University (Graduate Degree Business and Economic Studies) (1994)