Mr. Ng’s practice focuses on disputes related to financial services, regulatory investigations, white-collar crime, commercial disputes and insolvency-related matters.
He advises international financial institutions in investigations and disciplinary proceedings by the Securities and Futures Commission, the Hong Kong Monetary Authority and The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited. He conducts and manages complex cross-border internal investigations and reviews. He is also experienced in advising on strategy in managing and reviewing electronic data.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing international banks in investigations under Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing (Financial Institutions) Ordinance.
- Advising various investment banks and commercial banks in mis-selling claims brought by their customers and investigation by the SFC.
- Advising and representing various listed companies in the SFC's investigations for breaches of disclosure obligations and the related market misconduct.
- Representing the sponsor in the SFC investigation concerning alleged misconduct in the IPO of Hontex International Holdings Ltd.
- Acting for a financial institution in conducting an extensive review of HIBOR submissions.
- Representing an investor of a listed company in defending insider dealing allegations in the Market Misconduct Tribunal
- Representing the offspring of a high net-worth individual in disputes with various branches of the family in relation to the division of family assets.
- Representing a Chinese auto company in defending a USD1.2 billion claim in HKIAC arbitration.
- Advising an asset management company in investigation by the SEC and the SFC in respect of alleged insider trading.
- Advising the court-appointed receivers of Shanghai Land Holdings Limited.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong (2004)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (2002)
- The University of Hong Kong (LL.B.) (2001)