Helmy, Hamza and Partners
Hania Negm is an associate at Helmy, Hamza & Partners, Baker McKenzie Cairo. She focuses her practice on antitrust and competition law, international commercial law and trade, and compliance and investigations. Prior to joining the Firm, she worked at the Egyptian Competition Authority, where she was involved in numerous competition law cases across several sectors, such as pharmaceuticals, automotive, food and beverage, information and communication technology, sports media rights, and entertainment. She was also involved in assisting the committees drafting internal regulations and draft laws.
Hania focuses her practice on antitrust and competition law, Hania advises clients on antitrust litigation, cartels, investigations and dawn raids, monopolization, merger control & joint ventures. Additionally, Hania focuses her practice as well on compliance law; she is very experienced in conducting the first and second level of an e-search review in various industries, such as oil and gas, online mapping platforms and media. She has attended assessment and strategy meetings and assisted in drafting the findings and the risk assessment report. Hania also focuses her practice on International trade compliance, customs & trade agreements.
Representative Legal Matters
Antitrust & Competition
- Represented a German multinational automotive corporation in internal investigations related to compliance with Egyptian competition law.
- Represented r the Confederation of African Football before the Egyptian Competition Authority and the COMESA Competition Commission with respect to acts conducted in violation of Egyptian competition law and COMESA Competition Regulations.
- Represented a group of medical suppliers before the Egyptian Competition Authority in settling a bid rigging cartel case.
- Represented a claimant before the Cairo Economic Court of Appeal in a private damages action following a cartel finding decision by the Egyptian Competition Authority.
- Represented Mars on its pricing strategy in Egypt and its compliance with the Egyptian Competition Law.
- Represented several clients with respect to assessment of various distribution agreements in Egypt.
- Handling merger and acquisition notifications process in compliance with Egyptian Competition Law.
- Represented an American multinational health care company on a new distribution/agency model in Egypt and its compliance with the Egyptian Competition Law.
- Represented the Clorox Company on its distribution agreement and its compliance with the Egyptian Competition Law.
- Handling the registration of foreigners companies in Egypt before General Organization for Export and Import Control.
- Egypt (2018)
- University Jean Moulin Lyon III (Master in Public Business Law) (2017)
- Cairo University (Faculty of Law - French Section) (2016)
- Co-author, "Judicial Perspective of the Egyptian Competition Law," OECD Competition Committee, November 2017
Helmy Hamza & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.