Hania Negm is an associate at Helmy, Hamza & Partners, Baker McKenzie Cairo. She focuses her practice on antitrust and competition law, international commercial law and trade, and compliance and investigations. Prior to joining the Firm, she worked at the Egyptian Competition Authority, where she was involved in numerous competition law cases across several sectors, such as pharmaceuticals, automotive, food and beverage, information and communication technology, sports media rights, and entertainment. She was also involved in assisting the committees drafting internal regulations and draft laws. She received an LLB from Cairo University's Faculty of Law in 2016 before receiving a Master 1 in Business Law from Universite Jean Moulin Lyon III in 2017 and a Master 2 in Public Business Law after that. Hania was admitted to the Egyptian Bar Association in 2018.
Hania focuses on antitrust and competition law, international commercial law and trade, and compliance and investigations.
Representative Legal Matters
Antitrust & Competition
- Represented a German multinational automotive corporation in internal investigations related to compliance with Egyptian competition law.
- Represented r the Confederation of African Football before the Egyptian Competition Authority and the COMESA Competition Commission with respect to acts conducted in violation of Egyptian competition law and COMESA Competition Regulations.
- Represented a group of medical suppliers before the Egyptian Competition Authority in settling a bid rigging cartel case.
- Represented a claimant before the Cairo Economic Court of Appeal in a private damages action following a cartel finding decision by the Egyptian Competition Authority.
- Represented Mars on its pricing strategy in Egypt and its compliance with the Egyptian Competition Law.
- Represented several clients with respect to assessment of various distribution agreements in Egypt.
- Handling merger and acquisition notifications process in compliance with Egyptian Competition Law.
- Represented an American multinational health care company on a new distribution/agency model in Egypt and its compliance with the Egyptian Competition Law.
- Represented the Clorox Company on its distribution agreement and its compliance with the Egyptian Competition Law.
- Handling the registration of foreigners companies in Egypt before General Organization for Export and Import Control.
- Egypt (2018)
- University Jean Moulin Lyon III (Master in Public Business Law) (2017)
- Cairo University (Faculty of Law - French Section) (2016)
- Co-author, "Egypt adopts a new Pre-Merger Notification Regime", Baker McKenzie Insightplus, December 2022
- Co-author, "Egypt: The Competition Authority issues its first retail price maintenance and Most Favoured Nation clauses infringement decisions under the Egyptian Competition Law", Baker McKenzie Insightplus, September 2021
- Co-author, "Egypt: New mandatory license for all entities involved in any importation of food", Baker McKenzie Insightplus, September 2020
- Co-author, "Egypt: Simplified cartel leniency procedures", Baker McKenzie Insightplus, July 2020
- Co-authored "Egypt: For the first time in Egypt, the prime minister invokes ECA Powers in setting maximum prices for certain essential products used to combat COVID-19" Baker McKenzie Insightplus, April 2020
- Speaker, "International Trade & Developments in a World Focused on Recovery & Renewal," Baker McKenzie 18th Annual Global Trade and Supply Chain Webinar Series, January to December 2021
Helmy Hamza & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.