Ayako Nakano is an associate in the IP/ITC group of Baker McKenzie's Tokyo office. She has five years of experience working in IP and trademark portfolio management. Prior to joining the Firm, she worked in-house at a Japanese company on a trademark clearance project for one of its major brands.
Ayako focuses on managing trademark portfolios for Japanese companies. She also handles trademark prosecution and IP contracts, including the drafting of trademark co-existence, licensing and assignment agreements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided management support for the Asia trademark portfolio of a major Japanese company in the luxury fashion industry.
- Drafted trademark co-existence agreements for companies in Japan, the US and the UK in various industries, such as food retail, fitness, pharmaceutical and tobacco.
- Drafted licensing agreements for Japanese companies in the consulting and chemical industries.
- Drafted a trademark assignment agreement transferring various marks to a Japanese company in over 10 jurisdictions.
- England & Wales (Solicitor) (2016)
- BPP Law School (LL.M.) (2011)
- BPP Law School (Legal Practice Course) (2010)
- Brunel University (GDL) (2009)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (BA) (2007)
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.