Hani has been practicing since 2007 with a focus on M&A, joint ventures, corporate reorganizations and post-acquisition integration as well as corporate structuring, foreign direct investment and market entry in the Middle East with a particular focus on the UAE and Qatar. His experience also covers general commercial contracts such as agency and distribution and advice on corporate governance, compliance and competition matters.
Hani focuses on the healthcare, technology and the retail sectors but he also gained substantive experience advising both companies and government agencies in the defense sector and had significant exposure assisting governmental authorities with developing their internal structures and drafting legislations.
Hani is also the lead Pro Bono partner in the UAE and the Middle East.
Hani holds an MBA degree and a Masters in Management alongside his law degree. He is fully trilingual and practices in English, French and Arabic, all three at a professional level.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie’s UAE offices in April 2012, Hani worked as a corporate associate at an international law firm in both Dubai and Doha between 2008 and 2012 and prior to that worked at an FMCG company and a private equity group in Kuwait.
Representative Legal Matters
- Lead counsel for the Middle East and Africa region for one of the world's largest computers and software manufacturers. Advising on full retail operations in the UAE and coordinating wider region advice on matters including licensing, regulatory, consumer protection, leases, pricing, displays and employment. Providing strategic legal advice to its business leadership on geo-expansion, product launches, compliance, commercial contracts and risk.
- Lead counsel for the Middle East and Africa region for one of the world's leading luxury and fashion groups. Advising on all corporate and commercial work in relation to reorganization of their brands across the Gulf, including joint ventures, distribution, review of product launches and consumer protection issues.
- Advising Daimler on consumer protection issues, competition and distribution matters in the UAE and Qatar.
- Advising the world's leading company in electric cars and sustainable energy solutions with their GCC market entry and managing its special trading status.
- Advising the world's leading shipping and logistics company on the post-acquisition reorganization of its UAE and GCC business.
- Advising one of the world's leading e-commerce platforms on a wide range of consumer related matters, regulatory and compliance issues.
- Advising several pharmaceutical and medical equipment companies in their reorganizations in the UAE and MEA.
- Advising the world's leading provider of medical equipment, products and services for dialysis and kidney failure.
- Lead advisor for the Middle East healthcare associations.
- Advising a major US pharmaceuticals company on establishing operations in the GCC and negotiating joint ventures and partnerships with local investors.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Lebanon Bar Association
- Lebanon (2010)
- ESA (Beirut) in affiliation with ESCP-EAP (Paris-Europe) (Master's degree Management) (2006)
- ESA (Beirut) in affiliation with ESCP-EAP (Paris-Europe) (M.B.A.) (2006)
- Filiere Francophone de Droit Lebanese University (LL.B.) (2005)
- Henley Business School ( Certificate in Corporate Compliance & Anti-Money Laundering)