François-Xavier Naime practices in the Mergers & Acquisitions Group of Baker McKenzie in Paris. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Mr. Naime practiced in the M&A group of an international law firm between 2003 and 2005. From 2006 to 2007, he worked as an in-house counsel in the M&A – securities law department of Gaz de France.
Mr. Naime focuses his practice on public M&A and capital markets. He advises listed companies on takeover offers, block transactions, public offerings, private placements, initial public offerings (IPOs) and delistings, particularly in a cross-border context. Mr. Naime also focuses on investment management and investment funds. He advises management companies both on regulatory (AMF licenses and approvals, AMF investigations, cross-border marketing issues) and transactional matters (fund structuring, cross-border mergers, fund raising) in relation to UCITS and AIFs (OPCIs, hedge funds, private equity vehicles).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Neovacs, a French biotech listed on Euronext Paris, on the arrangement of an equity line with Kepler Cheuvreux.
- Advised Edmond de Rothschild (France) in connection with the sale of French private equity management company Edmond de Rothschild Capital Partners to Bridgepoint.
- Advised Imagotag, an Austrian electronic labelling system provider, in connection with its acquisition by Euronext Paris-listed Store Electronic Systems.
- Advised Toyota Tsusho Corporation on its successful takeover offer on Euronext Paris-listed French African retailer CFAO.
- Advised China Investment Corporation on the acquisition of a minority interest in Euronext Paris-listed satellite operator Eutelsat.
- Advised Ardian on its successful takeover offer on Euronext Paris-listed private equity investment vehicle Initiative & Finance Investissement.
- Advised Sara Lee on the acquisition of Eurodough, one of the French leaders of fresh bakery products.
- Paris~France (2004)
- Université Paris Sud (Post Graduate Degree) (2002)
- ESSEC Business School (MSc Management) (2001)
Baker & McKenzie A.A.R.P.I. is a member of Baker and McKenzie International.