Rodrigo Montemayor is a partner in the Corporate & Securities Practice Group in the Firm's Monterrey office. His practice areas include corporate and commercial law, mergers and acquisitions, project finance, infrastructure and real estate.
Rodrigo's practice focuses on representing public multinational corporations doing business in Latin America on a wide spectrum of areas including mergers and acquisitions, foreign investment, antitrust law, project finance and real estate transactions. He has assisted in various securities offerings of Mexican companies in the United States.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised and represented public US companies on corporate, tax and compliance matters across Latin America and handled their corporate governance obligations in the region.
- Acted as Director of Mergers and Acquisitions of Owens Corning at the company's headquarters in Toledo, Ohio, advising the company on multiple global transactions.
- Acted as Regional General Counsel and Corporate Affairs Director of Owens Corning in Latin America, advising the company on all legal matters in the region and its strategy on public policy advocacy and social responsibility initiatives.
- Led the resolution of complex litigation and execution proceedings against the Brazilian competition authority (CADE), as well as divestitures resulting therefrom.
- Acted as Group Counsel for Johnson Controls Inc. (Power Solutions Division) in Latin America, advising the company on all legal matters in the region and leading the environmental compliance group.
- Represented foreign companies in multiple asset and stock purchase transactions, intercompany financings and restructures.
- Designed, negotiated and executed agreements for the purchase of more than USD 700 million in goods and services for greenfield projects in Mexico (real estate acquisitions, construction services, purchase of equipment and utilities).
- Represented Owens Corning as member of the Board of Directors of Arabian Fiberglass Insulation Company Ltd (AFICO), a joint venture with Zamil Industrial Investment (a publicly traded company) in Dammam, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Led the two-step acquisition of Transandina de Comercio, S.A. (TRANSACO) in Santiago, Chile and acted as Member of the Board of Directors.
- GC Powerlist Latin America - The Legal 500 (2014)
- GC Powerlist Mexico - The Legal 500 (2016)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mexican Bar Association (Nuevo Leon Chapter) - Founder and Chair of the General Counsels' Committee
- Association of Enterprises for Energy Savings in Buildings (Mexico) - Vice President and Member of the Board of Directors
- Latidos de Vida, A.B.P. - Member of the Board of Directors
- Phi Delta Phi (Santos Theriot Inn)
- Mexico (2000)
- EGADE Business School (Program Board of Directors Executive Education) (2015)
- Universidad IPADE Business School (D1 Executive Education Program in Business Management) (2008)
- New York University School of Law (Master of Laws General Legal Studies) (2003)
- University of Monterrey (Law Degree) (1999)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.