Richard Molesworth is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Dispute Resolution Department based in London. Having qualified in September 2014, Richard advises primarily on international arbitration and commercial litigation and is a member of the Firm's International Arbitration Practice Group. Richard is also a member of the LCIA Young International Arbitration Group. Richard contributes to the Baker McKenzie Global Arbitration News blog and has co-authored articles for external publications, including Apparent Bias In Arbitral Tribunals: One Size Fits All?, published by Mealey's International Arbitration Report in January 2018.
Richard practices in England & Wales and primarily advises on international arbitration and commercial litigation, with a focus on the energy and infrastructure sectors. Richard advises on arbitrations under various institutional rules and has advised on English law governed arbitrations seated in London and in other common arbitral seats.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a private individual in the banking industry in an ICC arbitration seated in London to rescind contracts as a result of fraudulent misrepresentations.
- Acted for multinational organisations in the shipping industry in an ICC arbitration seated in London defending a claim for unfair prejudice and breach of notice provisions in relation to a share issue.
- Acted for a manufacturer in the oil and gas sector in an ICC arbitration seated in Dubai bringing a claim against its joint venture partner for breaches of the joint venture agreement.
- Advised a major oil and gas company on its right to terminate an agreement to purchase drill-ships.
- Advised a major oil and gas services company on the merits of a post-M&A breach of warranty claim.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2014)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.