Preeda Meksrisuwan is a member of Baker McKenzie's Corporate & Commercial, Trade & Commerce and Real Estate practice groups in Thailand. He was a visiting lecturer in Thammasat University's MBE and law programs, on business operations and contract drafting, respectively. Prior to joining the Firm in March 2007, Mr. Meksrisuwan worked in an international law firm in Bangkok for almost eight years.
Mr. Meksrisuwan has extensive experience advising on M&A-related matters, including negotiating and drafting contracts. He frequently works with food and beverage, manufacturing and power companies as well as financial and educational institutions on the planning, structuring and execution of corporate and contractual joint ventures and strategic alliances.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a Thai construction company in a massive Thailand-Myanmar joint undertaking to develop a mega project in Dawei under the Dawei Special Economic Zone (DSEZ) Law of Myanmar. The project features an integrated industrial complex, deep-sea port and trans-border corridor highway connecting the two countries.
- Acted as legal counsel to a South Korean manufacturing company in relation to the acquisition of all outstanding shares in a Thai metal manufacturer through a conditional voluntary tender offer.
- Acted for the Thai government's pension fund in the acquisition of shares in a Thai asset management company.
- Represented a major local real estate developer in the development of various housing projects, as well as acting on behalf of the local branch of an international bank in a bonds issuance by real estate companies in Thailand.
- Represented hotel owners in negotiations of management agreements with a major international hotel brand for five-star resorts located in Bangkok, Samui and Pattaya.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (1993)
- University of Exeter (LL.M.) (1995)
- Thammasat University (LL.B.) (1992)