Preeda joined the Firm in 2007 and is a partner in the Corporate & Commercial Practice of Baker McKenzie's Bangkok office. He focuses on trade and commerce, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, energy, transportation, education, and manufacturing. Preeda has assisted local and multinational companies across industries on the establishment of new business in Thailand, as well as inbound and outbound business expansions.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie he was an associate at another international law firm for eight years.
Preeda has extensive experience advising on M&A-related matters, including negotiating and drafting contracts. He frequently works with food and beverage, manufacturing and power companies, as well as financial and educational institutions on the planning, structuring and execution of corporate and contractual joint ventures and strategic alliances. He also advises on foreign business shareholding, asset and share disposals, and regulatory advice specific to industries. His work includes assisting clients on general commercial issues, including engineering, procurement & construction (EPC), public private partnerships (PPP), and foreign investment.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a rug and carpet manufacturer and distributor listed in Thailand, in the acquisition of the commercial carpet business of global custom carpet company with distribution arms in Southeast Asia, Europe, and North America.
- Advised a residential and commercial property development company - on a new mixed-use building covering over 200,000 square meters in the heart of downtown Bangkok - pertaining to various commercial agreements.
- Assisted a UK life insurance operator with their entry into Thailand's fund management market, via the acquisition of 65% of total issued shares in an asset management company under a Thai bank.
- Acted for the owners of a chain of wine shops and wine themed restaurants in Thailand, on the sale of their entire shares in Thailand and Singapore.
- Acted as legal counsel to a South Korean steel-making company, in relation to the acquisition of all outstanding shares in a Thai cold-rolled stainless steel producer through a conditional voluntary tender offer, including assistance with its merger filing.
- Acted for a Thai brewery in sponsorship agreements with Manchester United Football Club and Chelsea Football Club.
- Advised a Thai construction, engineering and infrastructure developer and its partners on a mega investment in a joint undertaking between Thailand and Myanmar in the Dawei Special Economic Zone (SEZ).
- Advised an international educator on business establishment in Thailand via the setting up of a British curriculum-based international school.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (1993)
- University of Exeter (LLM) (1995)
- Thammasat University (LLB) (1992)