Maria McMahon is a member of the Compliance & Investigations Practice Group. She practices mainly in the areas of corporate law and corporate compliance matters. Ms. McMahon advises clients on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, as well as US money laundering laws and related legislation.
Ms. McMahon has extensive experience in corporate transactions — including mergers & acquisitions, foreign direct investment, joint ventures, corporate governance, hostile takeover defense — and complex disputes. She also focuses on emerging markets, particularly Russia and the former Soviet Union. Ms. McMahon has represented oil and gas, freight forwarding, and defense companies.
- District of Columbia~United States (2011)
- New York~United States (2005)
- George Washington University (LL.M.) (2004)
- St. Petersburg State University (J.D., Honors) (2001)
- St. Petersburg State University (Master of Science) (1989)
- Co-author, "COVID-19 Brings Increased Scrutiny from Development Banks," Ethisphere Magazine, December 2020
- Co-author, "Considerations for Aerospace and Defense Companies When Navigating Contractual Rights and Obligations in the Face of COVID-19," Baker McKenzie Client Alert, 10 April 2020
- Co-author, "Baker McKenzie: Reducing Litigation Risk," Ethisphere Magazine, April 2020
- Co-author, "No Force Majeure Clause? Other Potential Options to Excuse Contractual Performance Under US Law in the Face of COVID-19," Baker McKenzie Insight, 6 March 2020
- Co-author, "US: When Is Force Majeure Really Force Majeure?," Baker McKenzie Insight, 5 March 2020
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.