Haya Massoud is a senior associate in the Firm's Corporate Practice Group and has joined the Firm in 2014. Haya is qualified in England and Wales and has worked for the Firm's Dubai, London and Riyadh offices.
Haya is a corporate lawyer with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate restructuring in the MENA region. Haya has advised family businesses, financial institutions and conglomerates.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for Emerson Electric Co. on the sale of its majority stake in its Climate Technologies business to private equity funds managed by Blackstone in a transaction valued at USD 14 billion.
- Advised Gulf Insurance Group on its USD 474.75 million multi-jurisdictional acquisition of AXA’s insurance operations in the Gulf region.
- Advised Red Sea Gateway Terminal Limited, a privately-owned independent terminal operating company in Saudi Arabia, on the USD 280 million sale of a minority stake to each of the Public Investment Fund and Cosco Shipping Ports Limited.
- Advised SICO BSC, a leading Bahraini investment bank, on its USD 14.4 million acquisition of Muscat Capital, a Saudi CMA licensed entity.
- Advised a consortium consisting of Agthia PJSC, Excelsior and National Amlak in relation to the privatization of Flour Milling Company 1 and 3 (Saudi Grains privatisation).
- Advised the Gulf Marketing Group (GMG) on the acquisition of Royal Sporting House's (RSH) sports retail business, from Dubai based conglomerate Al Futtaim Group. The deal comprised the acquisition of RSH's sports retail business in Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong together with operations in the UAE, Egypt and Qatar. RSH is one of Singapore’s leading multi-brand sports retailers with a portfolio comprising Adidas, Nike, Reebok, Under Armour, Speedo and Saucony, amongst other international sports brands.
- Advised Hitachi Ltd. on its USD 11 billion multi-jurisdictional acquisition of ABB's power grids business (the largest ever acquisition by a Japanese industrial company).
- Advised CBRE Group Inc. on its corporate restructuring in the MENA region as part of its joint venture with Excellerate Property Services.
- Advised a Saudi company on its proposed acquisition of a minority stake in multiple solar power projects in Egypt.
- Advised Mizzen, a wholly owned subsidiary of Seddiqi Holding on its joint venture with Gentle Monster, the South Korean eyewear brand and the launch of its flagship store in the Middle East.
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2017)
- Dubai - Registered Legal Consultant
- University of Law (LLB Law) (2013)
- University of Law (LPC) (2013)
- University of Law (GDL) (2012)
- Concordia University (BA (E.C.P) Major Political Science) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie LLP