Cecilia Máspero is an associate in the New York office of Baker McKenzie and a member of the North America Transactional Group. Cecilia routinely advises clients across a wide range of industries on cross-border and US domestic mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital transactions. Prior to joining the New York office Cecilia was an associate in the Buenos Aires office of Baker McKenzie.
Cecilia has experience working on banking and M&A transactions (both local and cross-border) and advises on a day-to-day basis on a variety of legal matters related to banking, finance, commercial and transactional matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Buenos Aires Bar Association - Member
- Georgetown University Law Center (Master of Laws in International Business & Economic Law, Dean's List and Honors Distinction) (2022)
- Austral University (School of Law Juris Doctor) (2015)
- Austral University (Course on the New Argentine Civil and Commercial Code) (2015)
Publications & Presentations
- Visiting professor at CEMA University, City of Buenos Aires, Argentina in post graduate courses at the School of Law and Business School, 2018-2021
- Co-author, "Argentina Chapter - The Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Review (8th ed)," The Law Reviews, 2019
- Co-author, "Argentine Commercial Law Chapter - Comparative Law Yearbook of International Business," Center for International Legal Studies, 2018
- Co-author, "Buenos Aires Stock Exchange Chapter - Cross Border Listing Handbook (8th ed)," Baker McKenzie, 2018
- Participant, "Un Nuevo desafío: Reestructuración de Deuda ante la Comunidad Internacional," School of Law of the University of Buenos Aires (UBA), 2018
- Participant, "Analysis of International Investment Agreements," United Nations (UNCTAD)