Marvin Masangkay is a senior associate in Quisumbing Torres’ Dispute Resolution Practice Group. He has 11 years of experience handling commercial, civil, criminal and appellate litigation, and alternative dispute resolution.
His practice focuses on general civil, commercial, and criminal litigation and intra-corporate disputes, and aviation regulations. He has also handled commercial work, general tax, and labor litigation. He has advised and represented various clients engaged in the energy, aviation, outsourcing, pharmaceutical, mining, and manufacturing industries. He has extensive experience in helping resolve disputes involving aviation and logistics companies.
He has represented various multinational clients, including chemical manufacturing companies, in several of the largest torts/products liability actions in the Philippines; mining corporations in mining-related litigations, airline companies in torts/quasi-delict actions; oil company in proceedings before the Commission of Human Rights; and other multinational corporations in regulatory proceedings before the Civil Aeronautics Board, Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines and the Energy Regulatory Board.
- Rising Star in Dispute Resolution, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- Maritime Law Association of the Philippines - Member
- Philippine Dispute Resolution Center, Inc. - Member
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators - Member
- European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines - Co-chairperson of the Aviation Committee
- Philippines (2006)
- Ateneo de Manila University (JD) (2005)
- University of Santo Tomas (AB Legal Management) (2001)