Jaime Martínez-Íñiguez has extensive experience in tax planning for cross-border investments and restructurings, as well as in tax advice concerning mergers and acquisitions, private equity (fund structuring, carried interest, planning of acquisitions and disinvestments), and wealth management.
Mr. Martínez has broad experience in domestic and international tax planning and wealth management. He also advises ultra high net worth individuals, family offices, and the private banking industry. He has extensive experience in asset protection structures, inheritance tax, and expatriation strategies. He has recently led the provision of tax advice on the expatriation of Spanish top executives and the tax structuring of prominent estates.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided tax advice to Alianza Iberian Private Equity (Luxembourg-Five) on the sale of Iberchem.
- Provided tax advice to Prosegur on the acquisition of Chubb Security Services Pty Limited.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Madrid Bar Association - Member
- Madrid~Spain (2011)
- Instituto de Empresa (2000)
- University of La Rioja, Spain (Law Degree) (1999)
Baker & McKenzie Madrid S.L.P. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.