Sandra assists multinationals and local companies in the protection of their intellectual property rights. She is currently the Chief of Trademarks Intellectual Property of Baker McKenzie Colombia's group.
Also advises and intervenes in the defense of companies that are involved in litigation regarding consumer protection, unfair competition.
Representative Legal Matters
- Sandra advises important companies such as British American Tobacco, Novartis, Abbott, Diageo, among others, in the search of trademark antecedents for their nominative, mixed, color, sound or figurative trademarks and their consequent filing for registration.
- She has participated in advising important companies such as Humax Pharmaceutical S.A Tmf Colombia Ltda , in issues related to transaction secured by Movable warranties applied to Intellectual Property.
- Acting on behalf of an important company in the hotel sector in obtaining a declaration of notoriety before the trademark office for its most important trademark in the country.
- Acting on behalf of an important company in the health sector Keralty to obtain the annulment of a decision of the trademark office and obtaining trademark registration for one of its most important trademarks.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Asociación Colombiana de la Propiedad Intelectual ACPI
- Colombia (2003)
- EF International Language Centers (Legal English) (2017)
- Universidad del Rosario (Specialization Economics and Markets Law) (2013)
- Universidad del Rosario (Administrative Law) (2006)
- La Gran Colombia University (J.D.) (2003)
- P&M Magazine Conbranding 2023
- Libro - Estudios de Propiedad Intelectual Contemporánea - Author. Article on Movable Warranties applied to Intellectual Property Editorial Diké - September 2022
- Baker McKenzie client conference on Cobranding and its application in the market July 2022
- P&M Magazine Olfactory Trademark Protection May 2020