Sandra Patricia Martinez is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Bogota office. She has been with the Intellectual Property Practice Group since joining the Firm in 2003.
Sandra assists multinationals and local companies in the protection of their intellectual property rights. She is currently the coordinator of Baker McKenzie Colombia's group of national brand issues. Sandra also advises and intervenes in the defense of companies that are involved in litigation regarding consumer protection and unfair competition.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted on behalf of a major fast food multinational regarding obtaining a notoriety declaration of its most important trademark from the country's trademark office.
- Acted on behalf of a major local company in the industry of cleaning supplies and toilette papers to defend its trademarks and obtain a notoriety declaration.
- Acted on behalf of a major local chain store to obtain the reversal of a decision and obtain a trademark registration for one of their most relevant trademarks.
- Colombia (2003)
- EF International Language Centers (Certificate Career Builder Legal English) (2017)
- Universidad del Rosario (Post Graduate Studies Economic and Market Law) (2013)
- Universidad del Rosario (Post Graduate Studies Administrative Law) (2006)
- La Gran Colombia University (Law) (2003)