Stephen Long is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Tax Practice in Dallas.
Stephen's practice focuses on federal and multistate tax controversy issues. He is experienced in resolving issues before the Internal Revenue Service and state tax authorities, including the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. He has handled complex state and local tax matters across the US, including tax controversy, transactional, and planning matters. He has represented clients in state tax disputes before administrative agencies or courts in over a dozen US states. He has also assisted companies in making voluntary disclosures throughout the US. While his clients are largely comprised of multistate or multinational companies, he has also assisted individuals in making voluntary disclosures and represented individuals in tax controversies involving state residency and domicile issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Bar Association - Member
- State Bar of Texas - SALT Committee - Co-Chair
- Tax Council - Elected Member
- Texas~United States (2007)
- South Carolina (inactive)~United States (2007)
- New York University (LLM) (2007)
- University of South Carolina (JD cum laude) (2006)
- Wofford College (BA cum laude) (2003)