Weiling is a local principal in Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow's Finance & Projects Team.
Weiling was recognised as a "Rising Star" in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023.
Legal 500 Asia Pacific commended that "Lee Weiling is very responsive and hardworking. She’s overall a pleasure to work with. Weiling was able to deal with some tricky situations with patience and professionalism, while protecting the client’s interests."
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on a rice borrowing base facility provided by Standard Chartered Bank and other syndicated lenders for phoenix in December 2020.
- Advised various arrangers of facilities of up to USD 1 billion to Petron Corporation to refinance existing facilities in June 2017.
- Advised on the USD 700 million financing of the proposed management buyout and take private of Razer Inc. (the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware, software and systems) in December 2021.
- Advised various arrangers of facilities to Bharat Forge Limited in connection with refinancing certain existing indebtedness in October 2018.
- Advised multiple lenders on several financing to the Larsen Toubro Limited group in connection with refinancing of certain financial indebtedness and acquiring certain entities in April 2018 to June 2018.
- Advised on the financing of an acquisition by an Indonesian conglomerate of a manufacturer with operations in Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam which involved complicated structuring analysis given the entrenched operations in multiple jurisdictions in May 2018.
- Advised The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, DBS Bank, The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp Ltd, Maybank Kim Eng Securities, Mizuho Bank, and Standard Chartered Bank as arrangers of acquisitions facilities of up to USD 650 million to Aboitiz Power Corporation in connection with the acquisitions of interests in two Philippines-based power plants in January 2018.
- Advised a lender in relation to loan facilities granted to RB Capital Farrer Commercial Pte. Ltd. and RB Capital Farrer Hotel Pte. Ltd. in July 2012, for the purpose of financing a mixed development.
- Rising Star, Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2023
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Singapore
- Singapore Academy of Law
- England & Wales (2018)
- Singapore (2010)
- National University of Singapore (Bachelor of Laws) (2009)