Thanh Le is a special counsel based in our Ho Chi Minh City office, focusing on mergers and acquisitions and foreign direct investment into Vietnam. She is a core member of the M&A and Corporate Services Practice Group, having extensive experience advising multinational companies from a wide range of industries on domestic and cross-border investment, divestment, joint venture transactions, as well as establishment and operation in Vietnam.
Thanh also advises on regulatory frameworks for trading distribution, multi-level sales, advertisement, telecommunications and information technology. In addition, she advises on the compliance of new laws and regulations with Vietnam's WTO and other trade agreement commitments, focusing on the establishment of foreign invested enterprises in Vietnam.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Thanh gained four years' experience in advising, negotiating and operating foreign investment projects in Vietnam from her work as an official of the Department of Planning and Investment of Ho Chi Minh City.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Ward Ferry, an independent Hong Kong-based investment fund, on its investment in Momo, Vietnam's leading e-wallet and payment super-app.
- Assisted UOB Venture Management Pte. Ltd. on its investment in Dat Viet VAC Group Holdings, a leading Vietnamese media investment agency.
- Advised Crescent Point in its USD 36 million investment into N Kid Corporation, an integrated children's lifestyle platform in Vietnam.
- Advised Warburg Pincus in relation to its investment in Vietnamese e-wallet service provider MoMo.
- Assisted a Chinese online retailer in relation to its call option in a Series C investment round in Tiki, a leading B2C e-commerce platform in Vietnam.
- Assisted a global asset management firm in its acquisition of a premier five-star resort in Vietnam comprising a hotel, condominiums and villas.
- Acted for UOBVM, a wholly owned investment division of United Overseas Bank, and Orix Group, a Japanese financial institution, on the sale of their shares in Bitexco Power Corp, a large-scale Vietnamese developer of hydropower plants.
- Acted for De Heus Vietnam on its acquisition of the feed business of MNS Feed in Vietnam from Masan, which includes a number of operating companies.
- Advised a Japan multinational insurance company on its acquisition of a majority stake in a leading Vietnamese non-life insurance company.
- Advised General Motors Company on the full ownership transfer of its Vietnam entity, including the factory, employees and dealer network, to VinFast, a unit of Vingroup.
- Ho Chi Minh City~Vietnam (2014)
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Law (Bachelor of Laws) (2006)