Nancy Lai is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Shanghai office and a member of the Firm's Tax Practice Group.
Ms. Lai's practice involves a wide range of tax services for international and domestic companies in various industries, with respect to inbound and outbound investments. Areas include acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations, the establishment of distribution, sourcing and services operations, and tax dispute resolution.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising clients on corporate and individual tax planning, structuring and consulting. Counselled specifically on enterprise income tax, turnover tax structuring and analysis, tax due diligence review, tax dispute resolution, local and expatriate employee compensation planning, among others.
- Providing assistance in establishing and closing down foreign investment enterprises and representative offices in China.
- Assisting multinational clients in China individual income tax analysis, tax planning and tax compliance filing, on both compensation and stock options for expatriate assignees.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York Bar Association
- New York~United States (2004)
- Northwestern University School of Law (LL.M.) (2003)
- Peking University (LL.B.) (1987)