Rubén Lago is a local partner of the Tax Practice Group at Baker McKenzie Barcelona. He focuses on advising domestic and international companies on corporate income tax issues, international tax planning and transactions. He has been involved in a number of Firm-led multijurisdictional reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions and several cross-border transactions for clients of the pharma, retail, hotel and tech industries.
Rubén focuses on private equity, venture capital and real estate sectors providing a holistic advice to managers, investors and funds.
- Recognized as “Next Generation Lawyer”, The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East and Africa, 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Barcelona Bar Association
- Barcelona~Spain (2008)
- Centro de Estudios Financieros (Course in Advances International Taxation Program) (2011)
- Centro de Estudios Financieros (Course in International Tax Planning) (2011)
- Centro de Estudios Financieros (Course in Accounting Implications on Business Restructuring) (2010)
- Academy of European Law (Course in European Taxation Law) (2010)
- ESADE (Course in Tax Specialization (Tax Consolidation)) (2008)
- University of Vigo (Diploma in Labor Relations, , Silver Elbow Patches for Second Best Academic Record) (2005)
- University of Vigo (Degree in Law (Economic Business), Second Best Academic Record in Graduating Class) (2005)