Michael Kunstler is a partner in the Sydney office of Baker McKenzie. He is a leading infrastructure and energy lawyer, advising governments and key industry participants on mergers and acquisitions. Michael has led a range of major trade sale transactions in Australia, the US and Europe.
Michael's practice focuses on infrastructure and energy trade sales. He also advises major international boards across industry sectors on proposed divestments and acquisitions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting as lead partner representing a major fund acquiring a cornerstone stake on the spin out of a division of a major US company.
- Acting for the Commonwealth, New South Wales and Victorian Governments on various trade sales and IPOs.
- Advising on the divestiture of major foreign businesses.
- Advising on the sale of major international banking institutions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Victoria~Australia (1988)
- New South Wales~Australia (1982)
- University of Sydney (LL.B.) (1982)
- University of Sydney (Bachelor of Economics) (1980)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.