Ampika Kumar is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate and Commercial and Insurance practice groups. She joined the Firm in February 2002.
Ms. Kumar's areas of focus include laws on business organization, foreign direct investment, corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions (both for private limited and public limited companies), trade competition and merger control. She advises clients on appropriate business entities, licenses and approval requirements, deal restructuring, including drafting related transaction documents for merger and acquisition projects in various industries. She also leads legal due diligence teams in exercises for mergers and acquisitions, post-acquisition integration, and corporate restructuring deals.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as project leader on a successful pioneering Entire Business Transfer (EBT) of a Thai life insurance company to an international insurance corporation.
- Advised in relation to deal restructuring, including drafting related transaction documents for merger and acquisition projects in various industries, including the insurance sector.
- Acted as team leader in legal due diligence exercises for mergers and acquisitions, post-acquisition integration, and corporate restructuring deals.
- Advising insurance companies on corporate restructuring and a range of insurance regulatory matters.
- Drafting, commenting on and analyzing various commercial contracts.
- Advising clients in relation to trade competition laws and merger control.
- Advising on corporate structures and corporate restructuring, corporate management and control, and mergers and acquisitions, including drafting and commenting on shareholders agreements and joint venture agreements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thai Bar Association - Barrister-at-Law
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (2002)
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M.) (2006)
- Thammasat University (LL.B.) (2001)