Piya Krootdaecha is a member of Baker McKenzie's Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Bangkok. He has practiced law for more than 20 years, representing both domestic and international clients in a wide variety of litigation and arbitration matters.
In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Krootdaecha is also a visiting lecturer for business law at a well-known university.
Mr. Krootdaecha practices in international and commercial dispute resolution, and corporate criminal law. He is highly recognized for work in corporate compliance and fraud, copyrights and trademarks, restructuring and insolvency, aircraft repossession and deregistration, and labor disputes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a C4 derivative producer in claims arising from a plant explosion.
- Advised a major international corporation on internal fraud compliance following investigations in both the USA and Thailand, and the leak of sensitive information to the press.
- Represented clients in the engineering, manufacturing and petrochemical industries, among others, in litigation and arbitration arising from sale and purchase agreements, as well as in land and construction disputes including multibillion baht claims against contractors for condominium project delays, land reclamation negotiations resulting from occupation by squatters.
- Advised an oil refinery company during investigations by the Department of Special Investigation.
- Represented a language school in matters resulting from the termination of a director due to fraud and conspiracy.
- Advised the planning administrator of a company during reorganization in the face of various lawsuits.
- Assisted an oil company in potential allegations regarding the return of sub-sea pipelines and infrastructure to the nation.
- Representing a spectrum of global clients in copyright and trademark infringement litigation, including multinational clients from the automobile, glass manufacturing, fabric and clothing manufacturing, petrochemical, software, and film industries.
- Representing aviation industry clients in a wide range of industry-specific matters, including de-registration and repossession of aircraft, aircraft lease agreements including termination and pre-litigation, and civil litigation and bankruptcy petitions against aircraft lessees.
- Representing a broad range of international corporations, including US automobile manufacturers, international pharmaceutical companies, and international shipping and logistics conglomerates, in labor cases against individuals and unions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thai Bar Association
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (1992)
- Northwestern University (Certificate in Mergers & Acquisitions) (2000)
- University of San Francisco (LL.M.) (2000)
- Ramkhamhaeng University (LL.B.) (1990)
- Institute of Legal Education of Thai Bar (1989)