Theppachol Kosol joined Baker McKenzie in 1995 and currently serves as partner in the Firm’s Capital Markets & Securitization Practice Group in Bangkok. He routinely advises clients on dealings with government agencies and authorities, particularly the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Stock Exchange of Thailand, the Bank of Thailand and the Ministry of Commerce.
Mr. Kosol regularly provides legal advice and recommendations on matters relevant to mergers and acquisitions, securities and listing regulations, corporations and partnerships, commercial law, as well as laws governing banks and other financial institutions. He also advises clients on defensive and offensive takeovers, as well as debt restructuring. His wide client base includes domestic and foreign banks, equity funds, state enterprises and power companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a major insurance group in the acquisition of a majority shareholding in a Thai insurance company and advising on the tender offer requirements.
- Acted for a Thai securities company in relation to the privatization and initial public offering of the new ordinary shares of a Thai transportation company to investors in both the domestic and international markets, under Rule 144A and Regulation S.
- Acted for two foreign branch banks, as the lead arrangers, in relation to a THB13 billion offering of debentures to investors for the refinancing of a Thai small power producer.
- Provided specific and general legal advice to major Thai commercial banks in relation to fund-raising programs to issue and sell preferred shares and subordinated bonds.
- Acted for several foreign banks in relation to the establishment and operation of branches in Bangkok.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thai Bar Association - Extraordinary Member
- Law Society of Thailand - Licensed Lawyer
- Thailand (1997)
- Columbia University (LL.M.) (2001)
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B. First Class Honors) (1995)