Gerrit is a foreign legal consultant in the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group. Gerrit has more than 12 years of experience assisting multinational clients in cross-border transactions in both Asia and Europe. He specializes in M&A transactions with an Indonesian angle, acting for both private equity and strategic parties. Gerrit works across different sectors and industries. In addition, to M&A work, Gerrit advises also on corporate restructurings.
Gerrit focuses on mergers and acquisitions and corporate/commercial matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising LafargeHolcim on the disposal of its 80.6 percent interest in Holcim Indonesia to Semen Indonesia, for an enterprise value of USD 1.75 billion on a 100 percent basis.
- Representing PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia (Persero) Tbk in the strategic partnership in PT Asuransi BRI Life, a life insurance company, under an auction process. The selected bidder will subscribe for new shares in PT Asuransi BRI Life. As part of the transaction, PT Asuransi BRI Life will enter into a strategic distribution agreement with PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia (Persero) Tbk.
- Advising Vale Canada and PT Vale Indonesia (PTVI) on the proposed sale and purchase of shares in PTVI to PT Indonesian Asahan Aluminium (Persero) (Inalum), a state-owned enterprise holding company focused on mining, in order to fulfil PTVI's divestment requirement as mandated under its Contract of Work.
- Assisting Zurich Insurance Group AG in their acquisition of an 80% stake in Indonesian insurer Asuransi Adira Dinamika from PT Bank Danamon Indonesia Tbk. The transaction includes long-term distribution agreements with Bank Danamon, and separately with Adira Finance; which primarily provides consumer financing for motorcycles and cars in Indonesia.
- Advising De Heus Animal Nutrition B.V. on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of a company operating the business of manufacturing shrimp feed, fish feed (floating and sinking) and poultry feed (broiler and layer), concentrates and other compound feed and animal feed nutrition products.
- Representing an investor in the acquisition of shares in one of the largest multisector online-to-offline loyalty, payments and financial technology platform in Indonesia.
- Advising Summit Auto Seats Industry Co., Ltd. in entering into a joint-venture agreement with Seoyon E-Hwa Co., Ltd. and PT Frina Lestari Nusantara for the manufacturing of automotive spare parts and accessories.
Prior joining HHP Law Firm, Gerrit handled the following matters:
- Advising a Thai investor on its acquisition of a consumer finance company.
- Advising an Indonesian conglomerate on a sale of a stake in a producer of crumb rubber in Indonesia to a foreign investor.
- Advising the shareholders of Indonesian logistics services provider, PT Puninar Saranaraya (Puninar Logistics), on the formation of a joint venture with KLN Singapore, a wholly owned subsidiary of Kerry Logistics Network.
- University of Leiden (Law) (2005)
- University of Technology (Delft, Technology, Policy and Management) (2004)
Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.