Aqsa Khan-Sadiq is a senior associate in the Dubai office of Baker McKenzie. Aqsa advises on employment law and immigration matters for clients based in the UAE and all free zones, including the DIFC. Before joining the Firm, Aqsa spent three years as an employment law professional at an international law firm, based in Dubai. Aqsa was admitted as a Solicitor of England and Wales in 2013 and has been practicing in the UAE for over 8 years.
Aqsa advises clients on a full range of contentious and non-contentious employment law issues, including various contract drafting, providing strategic advice on disciplinary matters, workplace investigations, termination and non-competition. She has worked with multinational companies in bringing their procedures, contracts and company policies in line with the UAE Labour Law and the DIFC Employment Law. She has assisted with the transfer of employees and due diligence during M&A transactions. Aqsa has worked with both regional and international clients within the UAE and the wider Middle East region and across a variety of industry areas, including technology, healthcare, real estate, finance and construction.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a UK financial institution on discrimination claims raised by two former employees under the DIFC Employment Law.
- Advising a large joint venture company operating in the UAE, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Qatar in relation to ethical recruitment, human rights and labour law practices.
- Advised an automotive smart systems provider on the employment aspects of a major restructuring of its UAE operations, including termination and redundancy matters.
- Advising on both onshore and DIFC contentious and non-contentious employment matters.
- Drafting Human Resources policies, staff handbooks and Settlement Agreements for international and regional clients.
- Providing strategic advice to corporate clients on managing/mitigating employment litigation risks.
- Liaising with external counsel in the MENA region regarding employment matters.
- Providing guidance and assistance to Human Resources teams on workplace investigations, including handling grievances and disciplinary hearing
- Conducting various employment law training sessions for corporate clients.
- Reviewing/drafting employment contracts and various Human Resources policies for corporate clients.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales - Member
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2013)
- Dubai - Registered Legal Consultant
- BPP Law School, London (2008)
- Queen Mary, University of London (Bachelor of Laws - LLB) (2007)
Baker & McKenzie LLP