Ms. Kawamura focuses her practice on finance law and real estate transactions. She advises clients on real property acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and financing involving office, residential, commercial, retail and resort projects. She also handles issues for Japanese clients investing overseas, cross-border M&A and emissions trading related matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a Japanese company with its overseas investment business in Asian countries by offering overall research and advice on real property development licenses, and investment in local companies - including preparation of reports.
- Advised a foreign-based fund with its acquisition of ski resorts.
- Advised foreign companies with their office leases in Japan (including preparation of agreements).
- Advised foreign companies with their investment business into Japan by offering advice on structuring, incorporation of local companies in Japan, and real property development licenses - including preparation of reports and agreements.
- Advised foreign companies regarding sale and purchase of real estate in Japan - including preparation of agreements.
- Represented a government agency, a major Japanese bank and a Japanese company by preparing agreements and providing legal advice on emissions trading within Japan, Asia and countries in Eastern Europe.
- Next Generation Lawyers, Real Estate: Bengoshi (within international firms and joint ventures), The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2017-2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Japan (2007)
- Keio University (LL.B.) (2001)
Co-author, "Legal and tax practices on conducting business in Asia - from business start-up to expansion and withdrawal," Chuokeizai-sha, August 2011, Language: Japanese
Co-author, "World Legal & Business Guide No.1 Indonesia," Business Law Journal, LexisNexis, April 2011