Hank has over four years experience in dispute resolution, investigations and compliance work in Hong Kong and Australia, acting for clients in a range of industries including financial services, manufacturing, technology and real estate.
Hank practises in dispute resolution, with a particular focus on regulatory disputes, investigations, compliance and commercial litigations. This includes civil actions and investigations by regulatory bodies where he represents both companies and individuals. Hank has advised in relation to matters involving regulators for financial services, anti-bribery and corruption and actions taken by the stock exchange.
Representative Legal Matters
Compliance and investigations
- Acted for a listed company in an investigation by the financial securities regulator in relation to a short seller report alleging undisclosed related party transactions and non-compliance with listing rules by the company.
- Acted for the chairperson of a listed interior design company in relation to a dawn raid and investigations into alleged bribes paid to an executive officer of the stock exchange prior to the IPO of the company.
- Acted for a listed telecommunications top-up company and its directors in relation to disciplinary proceedings brought by the stock exchange regarding alleged non-disclosures prior to the IPO of the company.
- Acted for a listed chemical manufacturing company and its directors in relation to disciplinary proceedings brought by the stock exchange regarding alleged misappropriation of funds by an employee and inadequacies in the company's internal controls.
- Acted for a subsidiary of a listed company licensed to carry out asset management services in relation to internal compliance irregularities and remedial actions.
- Acted for a minority shareholder of a listed company in an unfair prejudice petition and derivative action in relation to a spin-off exercise conducted by the majority to the detriment of the minority.
- Acted for majority shareholders of a plastics manufacturing company in a shareholders' dispute with the minority shareholder.
- Acted for a global private bank in relation to allegations of mismanagement of a discretionary investment account in the period leading up to the 2008 global financial crisis.
- Acted for a distributor of an internationally renowned clothing brand in relation to breaches of directors' duties and misconduct of a former director.
- Acted for a French multinational bank and an Italian depository bank in relation to wire fraud matters and obtaining freezing orders, default judgments and garnishee orders.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- Hong Kong (2017)
- New South Wales~Australia (2016)
- University of New South Wales (LLB / B Comm (Accounting)) (2012)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.