AJ is a transactional associate in Baker McKenzie's San Francisco office, where she practices corporate and securities law. She represents clients in a variety of transactions, reorganizations and corporate governance matters.
During law school, AJ was the Development Editor of the Berkeley Journal of International Law, co-president of If/When/How: Lawyering for Reproductive Justice, and competed as a member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Team.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Alphabet in its acquisition of Alter, an AI avatar startup.
- Advised Affirm Holdings, Inc. in its USD 300 million acquisition of Returnly, a leader in online return experiences and post-purchase payments.
- Advised Affirm, Inc. in cross-border reorganization and corporate governance matters related to its Spain-based subsidiary.
- Advised cybersecurity company SecurityAdvisor Technologies in its acquisition by NASDAQ-listed cybersecurity company KnowBe4, Inc.
- Advised Coinbase and Cadence Design Systems, each in one or more strategic transactions.
- Advised Datadog, Inc. in its acquisition of Cloudcraft, a cloud infrastructure modeling and visualization company.
- Advised Planet Labs PBC in its strategic acquisition of Slovenia-based Holding Sinergise d.o.o., a leading developer platform for earth observation data.
- Advised ServiceNow, Inc. in its acquisitions of Mapwize Contexeo SAS, a France-based indoor mapping company, and Sweagle NV, a Belgium-based configuration data management company.
- Advised Bandcamp in its acquisition by Epic Games.
- Advised Calera Capital in its acquisition of Thayer Power & Communication Line Construction Company, LLC from The Anderson Group, LLC.
- Advised a NYSE-listed footwear and athletic apparel company on the implementation of multiple rounds of global subsidiary restructuring projects.
- Advised a Palo Alto-based robotics technology company on multiple seed funding rounds.
- Certificate of Specialization in Business Law
- Certificate of Specialization in International Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California
- Advised the San Francisco Women's Centers in various corporate governance matters and updates.
- Helped to develop and run multiple pro bono "sprints," bringing together Firm attorneys and in-house counsel to work on resources assisting vulnerable youth with acquiring essential identification documents.
- Conducted research on the “Homeless Youth Handbook,” a resource directory for homeless youth across the United States.
- California~United States
- University of California, Berkeley (JD) (2020)
- University of California, Berkeley (BA English Literature) (2016)