Asama L. Itseumah
Baker & McKenzie LLP
Not admitted to practice law in this jurisdiction
Asama Itseumah is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Transactional Group. Prior to joining the Firm, Asama practiced corporate law in Chicago and Michigan.
Additionally, in 2017 Asama worked for Hon. Ann Claire Williams at the US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit in Chicago where he drafted bench memorandums on cases brought before the 7th Circuit. In 2016 he also interned at the Division of Enforcement at the US Securities and Exchange Commission in Chicago.
Asama represents clients in matters of domestic and cross border mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and commercial contracting.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Ecolab Inc. in its USD 3.7 billion acquisition of Purolite
- Represented Willamette Management Associates in its acquisition by Citizens Financial Group
- Represented Sims Metal Management in its USD 37 million acquisition of Atlantic Recycling Group
- Represented DECA Games in its acquisition of Gaea’s mobile studio Jufeng.
- Represented Benesse Holdings in its sale of Berlitz Corporation to ILSC Holdings
- Represented US-based healthcare company with operations in South America, Europe and Asia with the sale of all its businesses for approximately USD 100 million.
- Represented fixed-based operator conglomerate in the following transactions: acquisition of Caribbean-based fixed based operation for approximately USD 30 million; disposition of California. facility for approximately USD 3 million; disposition of North Dakota facility for approximately USD 200,000; and acquisition of California facility in exchange for assumption of liabilities.
- Represented cloud solutions company in disposition of its business for approximately USD 15 million.
- Represented Australian-based data aggregation company in acquisition of US-based data aggregator for approximately USD 10 million.
- Represented automotive supplier (tool & die) in disposition of its business for approximately USD 5 million.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois~United States (2020)
- Michigan~United States (2017)
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (JD) (2017)
- Northern Illinois University (BA) (2013)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.