Asama Itseumah is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Transactional Group. Prior to joining the Firm, Asama practiced corporate law in Chicago and Michigan.
Additionally, in 2017 Asama worked for Hon. Ann Claire Williams at the US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit in Chicago where he drafted bench memorandums on cases brought before the 7th Circuit. In 2016 he also interned at the Division of Enforcement at the US Securities and Exchange Commission in Chicago.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised ALDI in entering into a definitive agreement to acquire Winn-Dixie and Harveys Supermarket as part of a larger divestiture of Southeastern Grocers to various entities.
- Represented Ecolab Inc. in its USD 3.7 billion acquisition of Purolite, a provider of high-end ion exchange resins for separation and purification solutions.
- Represented ServiceNow, Inc. in its acquisition of G2K Group GmbH, a cutting-edge technology company in the artificial intelligence and IoT space in the retail industry.
- Represented AbbVie in its USD 215 million asset sale of mature brand Pylera to Juvise Pharmaceutical.
- Represented Tietoevry Oyj in its acquisition of MentorMate, a digital engineering company headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Represented Willamette Management Associates in its acquisition by Citizens Financial Group.
- Represented Sims Metal Management in its acquisition of metal recycler Atlantic Recycling Group.
- Represented Embracer Group in its acquisitions of Aionic Labs and Limited Run Games.
- Represented DECA Games in its acquisition of Gaea’s mobile studio, Jufeng.
- Represented Benesse Holdings in its sale of Berlitz Corporation, a language education and leadership training company to ILSC Holdings.
- Represented Hyland Software in the sale of its LawLogix division to Equifax.
- Represented Sekisui Chemical in its sale of XenoTech to BioIVT.
- Represented Stryker in its asset sale of the Juvenile Tumor System to Onkos Surgical.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois~United States
- Michigan~United States
- California~United States
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (JD) (2017)
- Northern Illinois University (BA) (2013)