Meghan Hausler is a litigator in Baker McKenzie’s Dallas office. She is a member of Baker McKenzie's North America Litigation and Government Enforcement Practice Group and Global Antitrust Practice Group.
Meghan’s practice focuses on securities litigation, antitrust litigation, and complex commercial litigation. She regularly represents clients in a variety of litigation, arbitration and administrative matters before state and federal courts, federal and state administrative agencies, and self-regulated organizations such as FINRA. She has experience with state and federal antitrust claims, federal and state securities fraud class claims, derivative claims, class action defense and compliance issues. She also regularly represents clients in commercial litigation involving claims of negligence, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
Representative Legal Matters
- Obtained, as second-chair antitrust trial counsel for leading global oil well remediation company, a verdict from the Southern District of Texas rejecting claims for antitrust violations under Section 2 of the Sherman Act and unfair competition under Section 43(a) of the Lanham Act and Chapter 15 of the Texas Business and Commerce Code asserted by defendant in a patent infringement suit.
- Obtained permanent injunction and summary judgment, including award of attorneys’ fees, in the Central District of California, on behalf of an international clothing retailer against its largest former franchisee for violations of non-compete provisions of franchise agreements in five states. Defendants’ counterclaims, including a putative class action and a claim under Section 1 of the Sherman Act, were also dismissed with prejudice.
- Successfully defended a major Japanese electronic component manufacturer in a grand jury investigation, and in direct and indirect purchaser class action cases involving claims under federal and state antitrust laws.
- Obtained, as member of the trial team, a jury verdict in the Western District of Texas, rejecting Section 10(b) securities fraud and insider trading claims brought by the SEC against a publicly traded financial services company and certain officers. On a post-trial motion, the Court dismissed the Section 17(a) claim against the Company. Also obtained sanctions against the SEC for discovery abuse.
- Defeated class certification in a suit initiated in the Northern District of Texas asserting claims for breaches of fiduciary duty and contract, and California unfair competition against a financial services company and its executive officers. After the denial of certification, plaintiffs dismissed the case.
- Assisted in defeating, in Travis County, Texas, the State Attorney General's attempts to impose a receivership and injunction against a public financial services company and its subsidiary as well as the executive officers, based upon alleged securities fraud and securities registration violations under the Texas Securities Act.
- Defended (second chair) broker dealer in a FINRA arbitration, including cross-examination of claimants and assistance with preparation of expert witness and respondents, resulting in a favorable finding of no common law fraud.
- Represented a publicly traded financial services company in several litigation matters, including state court actions for Texas Securities Act violations, common law fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract; federal class action; and individual and class claims for various common law and statutory issues.
- Defended broker-dealer, issuer and individual defendants in several state court actions involving claims of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, sale of unregistered securities and control person liability, resulting in favorable settlements.
- Rising Star, Texas Super Lawyers, 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers - Member
- Dallas Bar Association - Publications Committee
- Order of the Coif - Member
- Phi Beta Kappa - Member
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas~United States (2012)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas~United States (2012)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas~United States (2012)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas~United States (2012)
- Texas~United States (2010)
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D. summa cum laude) (2010)
- Texas Tech University (B.A. Psychology summa cum laude in honors studies) (2007)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.