Lucy is a senior associate in our IP and Technology team in London. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Lucy spent nearly 10 years working for a leading multinational financial services company, including four years in its in-house legal department. Lucy is a lead member of the London Digital Commerce, Advertising and Marketing practice and regularly advises clients on consumer protection, e-commerce, privacy, and marketing and promotions, particularly in the digital services, retail and financial services sectors. Lucy also advises on general contractual aspects of commercial and consumer agreements and is involved in drafting domestic and international technology and commercial agreements. Lucy has a keen interest in sustainability and most recently has been advising clients on various consumer and business-facing eco-initiatives.
Lucy advises on regulatory issues, including data privacy, consumer protection and marketing, as well as general contractual aspects of commercial and consumer agreements. She has been involved in drafting domestic and international IT and commercial agreements.
Lucy has a particular interest in combining her previous background in payment services with her current practice. She is heavily involved in the work done by the IT/Commercial department for our financial services clients.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a variety of clients on the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) including conducting compliance audits and advising on the implementation steps required from a legal and practical perspective.
- Completed a secondment to a major manufacturing client to support its EEA-wide GDPR programme, including through developing GDPR-ready policies and advising on a variety of legal issues.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2015)
- BPP Law School (Legal Practice Course, with distinctions) (2014)
- BPP Law School (Graduate Diploma in Law) (2012)
- University of Salford (BA Modern European Languages, Hons) (2005)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.