Mai Hamid is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Dallas office and is a member of the North America Transactional Practice Group. Mai began her career with the Firm as a summer associate in 2019. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Mai served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Katharine S. Hayden of the US District Court for the District of New Jersey. She also served as a student extern in the Office of Chief Counsel in the Large Business and International Division of the Internal Revenue Service, and was the Comments Editor for the Seton Hall Legislative Journal, Vol. 44.
Mai practices in the areas of corporate mergers and acquisitions as well as restructurings where she represents companies in a broad range of corporate and transactional matters. She handles cross-border reorganizations and mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance issues, and general corporate and securities law matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Assists in multijurisdictional corporate reorganizations of major multinational corporations.
Ongoing representation of NYSE and NASDAQ-listed companies in connection with their corporate compliance and other legal matters.
Assisted in leading domestic mergers for a publicly-listed software services technology company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Institute for Energy Law - Advisory Board Member
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- Texas~United States (2020)
- Seton Hall University School of Law (JD, Dean's Scholarship Recipient (2018-2019), Negotiator for SDNY Representation in Mediation Practicum (FINRA/SEC) (2018-2019), The Class of 2020's National Association of Woman Lawyers Award Recipient) (2020)
- Texas A&M University (BS, cum laude) (2016)
Firm Committee Memberships
- Texas Innovation Ambassadors - Member
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.