Chaya advises both borrowers and lenders on conventional and Islamic finance transactions across a variety of sectors, with clients based in both the MEA region and the United Kingdom, and has background experience in construction, corporate and M&A matters.
Chaya takes a keen interest in pro bono work and is a strong supporter of diversity and inclusion in the Firm. She also sits on the management board of BVL (formerly, Big Voice London), a London-based legal youth and social mobility charity, which seeks to give young people from non-fee paying schools a voice in law and legal policy.
- Individual recommendation, UAE Banking and Finance – Corporate Finance (including Islamic Lending) Legal 500 EMEA, 2023
- Board Member, BVL: Improving Social Mobility in Law
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2020)
- Dubai - Registered Legal Consultant
- BPP University Law School (Legal Practice Course) (2018)
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (Master of Laws, LLM) (2017)
- Queen Mary University of London (Bachelor of Laws, LLB First Class Honours) (2016)
- Co-author, "Restructuring and Insolvency in United Arab Emirates: overview," Thomson Reuters Practical Law, March 2021
- Co-author, "Shari’ah principles under scrutiny once again," Clyde & Co LLP, August 2022