Dania is an associate in the International Commercial & Trade Practice Group of Baker McKenzie's office in Guadalajara. She joined the Firm in 2014 and has over 14 years of experience in foreign trade and customs matters. Dania has also attained a Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) designation from the Canadian Society of Customs Brokers since 2015, as well as a CCS designation by the National Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association of America (NCBFAA) since 2016.
Dania has served as guest speaker at seminars and lectures organized by various institutions, including at sessions of the Tec Lean Accelerator 2014 program, of the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Tec de Monterrey).
Representative Legal Matters
- Supported IMMEX companies in improving their level of compliance, particularly with respect to inventory control systems of temporary importations.
- Advised on audits conducted by tax and customs authorities to clients in the manufacturing and automotive sectors.
- Acted as consultant on complex customs voluntary disclosures and self-corrections matters.
- Provided legal advice on tariff classification and Free Trade Agreement matters.
- Conducted internal audits of foreign trade operations to prevent and correct breaches to the Mexican legislation.
She has participated in pro-bono projects consisting in the translation of papers for organizations assisting children in special circumstances during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (International Trade Degree) (2007)
- Rennes School of Business (BA Hons. in International Business) (2005)