Karen joined Baker McKenzie's Kuala Lumpur office in 1998 and has been a partner in the Firm's London office since 2007. She is the global chair of Private Equity, having previously served as EMEA chair of Private Equity. She is also a member of the London Management Committee.
Karen is focused on leveraged buyouts, investments, acquisitions, disposals and carve outs for UK and international private equity clients. A large proportion of Karen's work is in relation to cross border or multicountry transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for KKR in connection with a USD 4.3 billion investment deal in multinational cosmetics and beauty company Coty Inc.
- Acting for Platinum Equity in respect of its acquisition and carve-out of the diabetic devices business (LifeScan) from Johnson & Johnson.
- Acting for Unilabs (a portfolio company of Apax Partners) in its acquisition of the Alpha Medical and AesKuLab Group from Mid Europa Partners.
- Acting for Platinum Equity, LLC and its affiliates on the acquisition of the Worldwide Flight Services group of companies from LBO France.
- Acting for Platinum Equity, LLC and its affiliates on the disposal of the Contego Packaging to Graphic Packaging Inc.
- Acting for Platinum Equity, LLC and its affiliates on the disposal of Contego Healthcare to Filtrona International.
- Acting for Platinum Equity, LLC and its affiliates on certain aspects of the acquisition of the Electronic and Electrical Solutions business from Alcoa and the subsequent disposal of those businesses to four different buyers.
- Acting for Platinum Equity, LLC and its affiliates on the acquisition of Malcolm Enamellers.
- Acting for Bidcorp in the disposal of its logistics business to Booker.
- Acting for Bidcorp in the disposal of its PCL business to Arla Foods.
- Acting for Bidcorp in respect of it acquisition of Punjab Kitchen.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2001)
- Malaysia (1998)
- College of Law (Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test) (2000)
- University of Cambridge (LL.M.) (1997)
- B.P.P. Law School (L.S.F.) (1996)
- King's College London (LL.B.) (1995)
- Kuala Lumpur
Firm Committee Memberships
- Member of the London Management Committee
- Global Chair of Private Equity
- Member of the Firm's Policy Committee
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.