Karen Guch is a partner in the Firm's London office and is chair of the EMEA Private Equity group. She joined the Firm's Kuala Lumpur office in 1998 before transferring to the London office in 2000.
Karen is primarily focused on leveraged buyouts, investments, acquisitions and disposals for UK and international private equity clients. A large proportion of Karen's work is in relation to cross border or multi-country transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for Unilabs (a portfolio company of Apax Partners) in its acquisition of the Alpha Medical and AesKuLab Group from Mid Europa Partners.
- Acting for Platinum Equity, LLC and its affiliates on the acquisition of the Worldwide Flight Services group of companies from LBO France.
- Acting for Platinum Equity, LLC and its affiliates on the disposal of the Contego Packaging to Graphic Packaging Inc.
- Acting for Platinum Equity, LLC and its affiliates on the disposal of Contego Healthcare to Filtrona International.
- Acting for Platinum Equity, LLC and its affiliates on certain aspects of the acquisition of Gruppo Terratest in Spain.
- Acting for Platinum Equity, LLC and its affiliates on certain aspects of the acquisition of the Electronic and Electrical Solutions business from Alcoa and the subsequent disposal of those businesses to four different buyers.
- Acting for Platinum Equity, LLC and its affiliates on the acquisition of Malcolm Enamellers.
- Acting for Citigroup Venture Capital International, Black River Asset Management and PineBridge Investments (previously AIG Capital) on their investment into and ongoing advice in relation to Sindicatum Carbon Capital Holdings Limited.
- Acting for Citigroup Venture Capital International in relation to its investment in the Biofarma group of companies in Turkey.
- Acting for a consortium consisting of EQT and Goldman Sachs Capital Partners in relation to the non-Danish aspects of their USD 3.8billion tender offer for the shares of ISS A/S.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2001)
- Malaysia (1998)
- College of Law (Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test) (2000)
- University of Cambridge (LL.M.) (1997)
- B.P.P. Law School (L.S.F.) (1996)
- King's College London, UK (LL.B.) (1995)
- Kuala Lumpur
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.