Jose Maria Gonzalez Elizondo has been a Baker McKenzie partner since 2003. His practice areas include corporate law, partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, banking, restructuring and notarial matters. Mr. Gonzalez is a public broker in Nuevo León and alternate notary public in Monterrey. He has also served as a professor at Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on corporate, tax and compliance matters and informed clients about the corporate governance obligations required of public companies before the authorities (including the National Banking and Securities Commission).
- Designed, negotiated and executed a substantial number of agreements for documenting the strategy for the purchase of, investment in, and the association of companies in the mining, banking, telecommunications, and food sectors in countries including Brazil, Canada, Mexico, the United States and Venezuela.
- Arranged for the registration of securities for public companies, as well as in the negotiation and documentation for the restructuring of their liabilities, syndicated credits, trusts, and control structures.
- Participated in legal revisions of the corporate governance structures of financial institutions' insurance and pension funds divisions.
- Represented companies in the execution of joint venture agreements and securities purchase agreements for the acquisition of shares, assets, or joint development of investment, supply, and construction projects with companies in conciliation proceedings.
- Participated in negotiation and design of trusts and legal structures for control, shelter, management and conveyance of wealth.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colegio de Notarios Públicos de Nuevo León - Member
- Colegio de Corredores Publico de la Plaza de Nuevo León, A.C. - Member
- Monterrey~Mexico (1991)
- Harvard University (Certificate International Tax Law) (1993)
- Harvard University (LL.M.) (1993)
- University of Monterrey (Law Degree cum laude) (1990)