Peter George practices international commercial law and regularly advises clients, both on the buyer and provider side, on domestic and multi-jurisdictional sourcing transactions, complex business process transactions involving human resources, finance and accounting and other web enabled services. Peter is a recognized leader in the areas of electronic contracting, social media, contracting for cloud services, robotic process automation, Internet of Things and other disruptive technologies. He regularly advises clients on the issues these technologies raise, both domestically and from a global perspective. Peter also helps clients manage the complex technology and data rights issues that these technologies raise.
Peter advises clients in the areas of cross-border and domestic sourcing transactions, data and technology transfers and licensing transactions. He also assists clients with the general management of their intellectual property assets.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented financial services and information company with respect to transformation of revenue management functions from local subsidiaries to shared service centers, including resolution of local regulatory and data protection issues.
- Represented publishing company with respect to migration of test and production data and applications from co-located data centers to third party cloud providers.
- Represented tier 1 service provider with respect to structuring and drafting template cloud service contracts tailored to the technical requirements of the applicable solutions.
- Illinois~United States (1997)
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D.) (1997)
- University of Michigan (B.A.) (1992)